We are currently seeking a Lead Carpenter to join our team in Commerce Township, MI.
We are looking for someone to assist our current Project Managers with multiple basement finishing projects & company processes. You will assist with daily tasks to keep our basement finishing projects on time for customer satisfaction while ensuring company processes and quality standards are adhered to by all employees.
- Assist the Project Managers with all job functions
- As necessary, assist in performing duties of the Project Manager in his or her absence, or as delegated
- Assist with any scheduled trade contractors on projects
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with scheduled time frame or deadline
- Identify and communicate any problems, and ensure their proper resolution
- Ensure the proper storage of equipment and materials used in the construction process
- Inspect homes to insure all construction meets or exceeds the established quality standards
- Ensure adequate safety precautions are taken in all phases of the project to protect the lives and health of works and visitors
- Enforce company policies on the job site
- Provide leadership to team members by modeling the company values, vision and operating principles
- Develop good working relationships with all trade contractors, suppliers, and delivery crews
- Follow-up to ensure trade contractors report to the construction site as scheduled, coordinate their activities and provide assistance when required to facilitate a smooth work flow
- Maintain partnership with municipalities as you may have to go to get inspections, etc. Need to have good relationships with inspectors.
- Maintain updated knowledge of all plan and specifications
- Have weekly meetings with the production team
- Capable of traveling to and from job sites in a timely & respectable manner.
- Diploma or GED equivalent, preferred
- Minimum of 2 years construction experience, preferred
- Strong organizational skills, people skills, management abilities and strategic planning skills
- Ability to work effectively with the pressures of meeting schedules and producing quality products & results
- Ability to identify and resolve issues, establish priorities and achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to read and understand plans
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be computer literate, with some experience in Windows & Excel, preferably
- Must be able to effectively delegate decision making and problem solving authority, communicate clear performance expectations and desired results, monitor performances and outcomes, and provide ongoing feedback to trade contractors
- Ability to adapt & be flexible when dealing with a variety of personnel throughout the project.
- May require public contact and excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and provide verbal feedback in a professional & timely manner
- Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle, insurance & cell phone
- Full-Time (Year Round)
- Long-term employment
- Competitive wage
- W-2, every 2 weeks
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
At Basements Plus & Basements Plus we are recognized as an industry leader, known for our professional team and our detailed work. We offer a fun, family friendly work environment. We are always looking for ways to improve and grow our existing team. If you are interested in joining our team, please apply below.