Carpenters: We are currently seeking Carpenters to join our team in Wixom, MI.
We are hiring for both Rough Carpenters and Finish-Trim Carpenters.
Who we are:
Finished Basements Plus is a family owned company. Since 2003 we have become the leading design-build basement finishing company in Michigan. We are more than a four walls and a drop ceiling type of company. Our basements are beautiful and custom built by experienced craftsman. For the fifth consecutive year, we are growing and looking for candidates to join our team.
At Finished Basements Plus we are committed to “WOWing” our customers each and every day.
- Professional Family Friendly Environment
- 6 time “Top 500 Remodeler” award winner
About the role:
Do you take great pride in your work? Are you interested in creating custom built lower levels? The ideal candidate will work within an established team of professionals and utilize your skills to create top notch custom projects. This is a career opportunity for someone who is loyal and is committed to high standards.
We are looking for a qualified Carpenter with cabinetry and Trim experience or fabrication and installation experience.The ideal candidate will have his or her own truck and tools and be willing to travel between job sites.
A carpenter is an individual with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of carpentry processes. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
The goal is to contribute to the construction and maintenance of strong and long-lasting basements.
What you’ll do:
- Follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients
- Install structures and fixtures as needed
- Install cabinets, counters and molding
- Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and door frames
- Help erect, level, and install building framework
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures
- Reading blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed
Our ideal candidate:
Education and experience
- Experience with cabinet layout and installation (Helpful)
- Experience with hand rail installation (Helpful)
- Experience setting and casing interior doors (Helpful)
- Experience installing base molding and crown molding (Helpful)
Skills and abilities:
- Strong communication skills
- Clean driving record
- Willing to uphold the company’s core values of Trust, Pride, and Comradery
- Truck (Helpful)
- Basic Hand Tools
- Basic Power Tools
What we offer:
- Competitive wage
- W-2, every 2 weeks
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
The recruitment process will include 1-2 phone screens, an in-person interview, a background check, and physical.