Finished Basements Plus and Dry Basements Plus is a family run business. Since 2003 we have become the leading design-build basement finishing company in Michigan. As we grow, we are seeking to add additional super-star employees to our team. These candidates would embrace our culture of Trust, Pride, Respect, and Camaraderie and become part of a team creating raving fans of our homeowners.
Our business is built upon and managed through the fundamentals of our vision mission and core values.
- 2019 HBA Remodeler of The Year
- 6-Time Qualified Remodeler Top 500
- HBA Design Award Winner
- Best of Houzz Service and Design Winner
- Guild Quality Guildmaster Award for Service Excellence
- 94% Recommendation Rate
- 9 Star Google Review
As a superintendent you supervise and perform onsite construction efforts to ensure that each project is constructed in accordance with design, code, quality, budget and schedule requirements.
At the beginning of a project, you review the preliminary project plan, identify missing or inaccurate scope items, set up the budgets at times and ensure project costs don’t exceed the budget.
Using your organizational skills you will manage and supervise multiple projects at one time. As the primary contact for the homeowner, field personnel, material suppliers, inspectors and subcontractors, you are the driving force behind producing desired project results. You are determined to make sure that building projects stay organized, under budget, are built to a high-quality standard, the work environment is upbeat, positive and on schedule.
Using your trim carpentry skills, you will install some of the more detail-oriented tasks on the project.
You will work closely with your lead carpenter to manage the daily tasks onsite.
At the end of the project you will perform a final orientation with the homeowner to verify the project was completed to our standards, understands how to properly care for, use any products installed in their project and ensure we have created a RAVING FAN of them.
You take great pride in your work and enjoy coming to work every day.
Primary Job Functions:
- Schedule internal labor (your team) to perform the tasks required for each project assigned that they are qualified for.
- Coach and train teammates under your direction in an ongoing productive manner.
- Promote, build, and always maintain a positive attitude.
- Perform Quality control of all work performed on each project assigned.
- Verify all material needed is on-site before tasks are to be completed, stored neatly, safely and marked properly.
- Ensure all deficiencies in construction are corrected in a timely manner, prior to any inspections it may affect, or any homeowner walk throughs.
- Identify conflicts in the construction progress and communicate them to the team associated with the project for a resolution.
- Attend weekly production meeting to chart progress of all assigned projects.
- Maintain all projects assigned to you on the projected schedule.
- Communicate with the homeowner as needed to ensured satisfaction and expectations are being met or exceeded.
- Compile and maintain and punch lists for each stage of the project. Be sure each item is addressed.
- Ensure job site safety measures are being applied.
- Be sure the job sites are always kept neat and safe.
- Perform pre-construction measure meetings.
- Perform measure meeting hand-off to design staff.
- Operate with the Finished Basements Plus vision, mission and core values in mind always.
- Assist to hire direct teammates.
- Assist with performance reviews.
- Assist in structuring coaching and disciplinary plans for your direct team.
- Assist in design details as needed.
- Assist setting budgets as required.
- Work proactively with other project managers to solve issues on all projects.
- Strive to find new areas for growth and or project efficiencies.
- Knowledge of residential construction
- Skills in operating equipment and/or power tools
- Ability to see the “big picture” and the total job while breaking it into steps
- Possess talent and personal traits
- Personal Accountability
- Results Oriented
- Goal Achievement
- Problem Solving
- Planning & Organization
- Customer Focused
- Team Player
- 5+ years managing remodeling projects
- 3+ years managing field staff
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Decision making skills
- General computer skills
- Must have general carpentry tools
- Pass a background check and physical
- Reliable transportation
- Long-Term Employment
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Company Provided Uniform
Pay is equivalent to skill level
- W-2, Bi-weekly
- Overtime Opportunities Available
At Finished Basements Plus & Dry Basements Plus we are recognized as an industry leader, known for our professional team and our detailed work. We offer a fun, family friendly work environment. We are always looking for ways to improve and grow our existing team. If you are interested in joining our team, please apply below.